glór is a thriving arts centre located in Ennis, which serves the people of Clare, the mid-west and visitors with a vibrant programme of theatre, music, dance, visual arts, film, and workshops.
As a key regional arts centre, they present upwards of 500 events attended by over 45,000 people each year. They work with a wide range of promoters, artists, partners, and local festivals to celebrate national, international, and local talent.
Their gallery, 485-seat theatre, and 60-seat studio play host to a diverse range of artists and communities. glór’s mission is to present quality arts experiences for audiences and participants, to provide an exceptional facility for creators, participants, and communities, and to be a creative hub for artists in a range of genres.
As the impetus for glór’s foundation, the traditional arts are an integral component of their focus, especially in areas such as new work development and targeted initiatives that celebrate the rich traditional landscape in which glór exists. glór’s vision is to be a leading multi-disciplinary arts centre of excellence that enhances our cultural landscape, champions artists, and enriches a wide circle of lives through shared creative experiences.
- A thriving arts centre which houses a 485-seat theatre, 60-seat studio and café/bar.
- A diverse & inclusive programme of quality arts experiences for visitors and Clare audiences & participants
- An exceptional facility for artists, participants & communities to experience the transformative power of the arts, & to connect, reflect, dream & inspire change.
- A hub and home for Clare’s exceptional community of artists.
- An incubator of ambitious, exciting & innovative new work
- Contribute to artform development across all practices, with a special focus on the traditional arts.
Good to Know
Participation fees: Admission fees usually apply for performances.
Open: Operates year-round. See programme of events on their website.
Rainy days: Yes, this is an indoor performance venue.
Toilets: Available and fully accessible.
Baby-changing facilities: Yes
Accessibility: The glór building is fully accessible both front of house and backstage as follows:
- Accessible toilet facilities are available for patrons with disabilities in the foyer and backstage areas.
- The main entrance is wheelchair accessible.
- Car parking spaces are available for patrons with disabilities.
- There is one elevator, allowing access to the gallery and auditorium balcony.
- Seats are available in the stalls for wheelchair users.
- There are wheelchair lifts backstage and at the sound desk for incoming performers and their teams.Patrons with special needs are asked to advise the Box Office when booking. Staff are available to assist all patrons.
Dining/Refreshments: The glór café is open Monday to Saturday from 10am until 2.30pn and offers a delicious menu of tasty and healthy food. Choose from gourmet sandwiches and soup, or treat yourself from a selection of mouth-watering sweet treats, all made in-house.
Car Parking: There is a metered car park adjacent to glór (one hour free parking), for the benefit of all patrons, open 24 hours a day, courtesy of Ennis Town Council. Parking tickets are required during the hours of 9am to 6pm.
Coach Parking: Coach parking is available at Friar’s Walk Coach Park, located close to glór. The free coach park features 14 spaces, on-site facilities and a drop-off/pick-up bus shelter located just 100m from the town centre. The Friar’s Walk Coach Park is also equipped with a water supply for coach washing, wastewater disposal facilities and 24-hour CCTV
Details are subject to change. It is always advisable to check the opening dates, times, prices, and other information on their website or directly with the activity before visiting or booking.