Since opening its doors, Hazel Mountain Chocolate has been making waves on the Irish and international chocolate scene.
This foodie destination is located along a spectacular coastal route – the Wild Atlantic Way and is open to the public all year round.
They offer visitors a window into a chocolatey little world – a large, open-plan viewing area lets you get as close to the action as possible. You can visit the chocolate factory, shop and cafe any time you like and don’t need to book.
Wander through the chocolate shop and browse the tempting range of Irish chocolate crafted directly from cacao beans on-site, from Irish milk chocolate to dark and vegan creations. Just follow the smell of freshly roasted cacao beans!
Led by creative director Kasha Connolly, a trained chocolatier, third-generation baker and cookbook author, the on-site cafe offers a line of freshly baked organic pastries, sandwiches and cakes, including gluten-free and dairy-free options. It’s a comfortable space intended for relaxing with a friend. Enjoy a natter and a cheeky treat while sipping organic tea, coffee, or hot chocolate.
Tours and workshops can be booked here: https://www.hazelmountainchocolate.com/pages/experiences
- One of only 2% of the chocolate factories worldwide to process cacao beans on site
- Open floor plan of factory and shop, allowing visitors a peek into bean-to-bar chocolate production
- Range of Irish Milk Chocolates, handprinted truffles, award-winning hot chocolate, vegan creations and dark chocolate
- The cafe offers a range of pastries and cakes, including a wide range of gluten-free and dairy-free cakes
- Dog friendly, although there are no chocolatey treats for doggies!
Good to Know
- Participation fees: Free Admission.
- Open: Year-round.
- Suitable for younger children: Moderately suited.
- Cool for kids: Aged 13-17.
- Rainy days: All indoor.
- Gift shop: On-site.
- Dining/refreshments: The cafe offers pastries and cakes, including a wide range of gluten-free and dairy-free cakes. Tea, coffee, award-winning hot chocolates, kombucha, organic teas are available.
- Assistance/guide dogs: Permitted.
- Toilets: On-site.
- Groups: Groups are welcome with prior booking.
- Accessibility: Fully accessible.
- Parking: Free car park and free coach parking.