Phil Brown from Heartlands Ecotours will guide you on a remarkable nature walk in the much-loved 12 O’Clock Hills.
Following a route specially devised to maximise the stunning views, you can stop along the way to observe some of the beautiful nature all around. Learn to identify plants encountered (guidebooks provided), along with an outline of their traditional uses. There will also be a chance to look at plants in microscopic detail using their portable field lenses – a rare treat not to be missed!
This is a landscape with a deep history and a bygone community that once forged a living in these rolling hills. Hear some of their stories, and help bring to life these characters from their shared and not-too-distant past.
Whilst the walks can be tailored to meet visitors’ needs, a typical walk will last about two hours.
Phil is an Independent Tour Guides Association member with an honours degree in tourism management, specialising in sustainable tourism, and an experienced nature tour guide.
Please note that suitable outdoor clothing and footwear is required – it’s often breezy at the top of the hill.
Good to Know
- Participation fees: Fees apply.
- Operates: Year-round.
- Suitable for younger children: Moderately suited.
- Cool for kids: Aged 6-12.
- Rainy days: All outdoor.
- Parking: Free on-site parking facilities
- Details are subject to change. It is always advisable to check the opening dates, times, prices, and other information on their website or directly with the activity before visiting or booking.